2nd annual Aid & Development Africa Summit 2017
27 February – 1 March 2017
Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
The rapid expansion of network/ICT access and connectivity in sub-Saharan East Africa promises almost boundless opportunities for innovation, accelerating economic and social development. However, actually deploying new technology presents challenges.
The use of ICT and mobile technologies for SDGs and best practice in emergency communication and connectivity will be discussed at the 2nd annual Aid & Development Africa Summit, taking place in Nairobi, Kenya on 28 February - 1 March 2017.
Gathering over 300 decision makers in humanitarian and development sector, the Summit will explore how technological innovations and best practice can improve aid delivery and development strategy in Sub-Saharan East Africa, presenting an opportunity to engage at the highest levels with industry leaders, regional governments, UN agencies, intergovernmental organisations, Red Cross, national and international NGOs and investors.
Aid & Development Africa Summit will feature presentations and panels by world-leading humanitarian experts examining key issues around data and technology:
- Update on latest innovations in communication technology, social networks and data solutions for NGOs and aid agencies in the region
- Use of technologies for aid and development programmes: how to choose your supplier
- Emergency response coordination and communication
- Latest trends in ICT and mobile technologies to improve livelihoods of displaced people
- Update on cash-based programmes
- GIS, mapping and early-warning systems
- Security and surveillance technology, biometrics and tracking
- Innovations and technologies to support health SDGs
Join engaging and inspiring discussions with 70+ expert speakers and mingle with senior representatives from regional governments, UN agencies, NGOs, Red Cross, development banks, civil society organisations and the private sector.
Register your participation at http://africa.aidforum.org/register